Join Academic Analytics for 30-minute webinars featuring updates, tutorials, and insights.
Analysis On Demand: Accessing Custom Analyses Through the Academic Analytics Portal
April 9 at 11:00am EST
Due to significantly growing demand for custom analyses, Academic Analytics has prioritized the creation and ongoing development of a repository of interactive, online reports, accessible to our partner institutions in real time. Learn the who, what, and why of Analysis On Demand
Career Data for PhDs and Postdocs: Use Cases and Considerations
April 30 at 11:00am EST
In our winter series coffee break webinar, we introduced the methodology for our new Alumni Placement module, where we report on career outcomes for PhD and postdoctoral alumni both inside and outside academia. Join Richard Wheeler, Senior Advisor, Academic Analytics, to hear more detail about this analysis. This time, we will focus on best practices and practical use cases for alumni outcome data, from program review to graduate student mentorship and beyond.
Implementation of Faculty Insight and External Discovery Site
May 12 at 11:00am EST
Join members of the Academic Analytics product and technical teams to learn more about how we oversee Faculty Insight (FI) and External Discovery Site (EDS) implementations with our clients. From project definition to data integration to campus rollout, we will look at the processes and emerging best practices that help ensure FI and EDS success.
Discovery Tools: Configuration to Application
June 11 at 11:00am EST
Many enhancements have been made to our Discovery products over the past year, and several more are on the roadmap. Join Academic Analytics Senior Advisor Carol Whitacre and Senior VP of Product Development and Analysis David Ramsey to discuss the unique configuration and implementation options our partner institutions are using to meet stakeholders’ needs, and how users are contributing to ongoing product improvements.
Below are the topics from the winter 2020 webinar series: – Showcasing your research strengths with the new External Discovery Site
– New Enhancements to our Faculty Insight Interface
– Obtaining and analyzing career data for Ph.D.s and post-docs
– From the Nobel Prize to the poster of the year: quantifying honorific award prestige across disciplines
– Developing an institutional strategy to increase faculty recognition
Below are the topics from the fall 2019 webinar series: – A Deeper Dive into the External Discovery Site at The University of Missouri System
– Supplementing the Departmental Review Process
– On the Horizon- Solutions for the Present and the Future: An Overview of Academic Analytics Products and Tools
– Leveraging Academic Analytics to Improve Academic Programs & Faculty Hiring
Below are the topics from the spring 2019 webinar series:
– New Dataset: Patents in the Discovery Suite
– New Dataset: Book Chapters in the Discovery Suite
– New Dataset: Clinical Trials in the Discovery Suite
– Revisiting Honorific Awards: New Enhancements to Suggest Nomination Opportunities
Below are the topics from the summer 2019 webinar series:
– External Discovery Site for Systems – University of Missouri
– Identifying Peers for External Program and Department Reviews
– Build teams and find Reviewers for Limited Submission Grants
– Push Notifications for Faculty Insight – Michigan State University
– Explore Collaborations Using Longitudinal Data
– From Feedback to Implemented Enhancement
Below are the topics from the winter 2019 webinar series.
– Exploring Research Activity Over Time
– Understanding Academic Unit Composition
– Incorporating the School and College Structure in Analytics
– Rising Stars: Identifying and Mentoring Junior Faculty Members
Below are the topics from the fall 2018 webinar series.
– Awards Strategy: recommended honors & nominators
– Building an external platform to showcase scholarship
– Finding subject matter experts locally and nationally
– Finding funding based on teams using Research Insight to identify teams & funding for teams