Join Academic Analytics for 30-minute webinars featuring updates, tutorials, and insights.
Showcasing your research strengths with the new External Discovery Site Tuesday, January 28 at 11:00am EST The Academic Analytics External Discovery Site (EDS) is evolving from a faculty search tool to a powerful, customizable research dashboard. Join us to learn how the newly redesigned EDS is an effective way to draw attention to the unique research strengths of your institution and academic units.
New Enhancements to our Faculty Insight Interface Thursday, February 6 at 11:00am EST
Faculty Insight gives faculty more control of their professional profiles and help them uncover funding opportunities and collaborators. Join us to discuss the following new enhancements to our Faculty Insight interface and their applications to research enterprise management on campus: Saved Searches, Proxy Editor Access, and Advanced Search.
Obtaining and analyzing career data for Ph.D.s and post-docs Thursday, February 13 at 11:00am EST Universities are increasingly tasked with following the career paths of graduates. Typical approaches to alumni data gathering often result in incomplete, inconsistent, and delayed information. Based on best-practice methodologies from the university community, Academic Analytics now provides a service to locate and classify alumni. Join us to learn more about this approach and the applications it enables, from fundraising to building public confidence in the role of graduate education.
From the Nobel Prize to the poster of the year: quantifying honorific award prestige across disciplines Tuesday, March 17 at 11:00am EST Academic Analytics now tracks more than 12,000 honorific awards of national or international importance. Journals have impact factors and research grants have dollar amounts, but how can we know the relative prestige of a specific honor? Join us to learn how Academic Analytics is approaching “relative award prestige” and how you can leverage this approach in your decision-making and campus nomination strategy.
Developing an institutional strategy to increase faculty recognition Tuesday, March 24 at 11:00am EST Vice Provost Nancy Freitag and Instructional Development Specialist Kim Rivas from the Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs at the University of Illinois – Chicago (UIC) saw a need to increase resources for departments to bring recognition to their scholars. The Suggested Honorific Awards application from Academic Analytics was an ideal solution. Join us to learn how UIC implemented an award nomination strategy across campus and how your institution can benefit from this technology.
Below are the topics from the fall 2019 webinar series: – A Deeper Dive into the External Discovery Site at The University of Missouri System
– Supplementing the Departmental Review Process
– On the Horizon- Solutions for the Present and the Future: An Overview of Academic Analytics Products and Tools
– Leveraging Academic Analytics to Improve Academic Programs & Faculty Hiring
Below are the topics from the spring 2019 webinar series:
– New Dataset: Patents in the Discovery Suite
– New Dataset: Book Chapters in the Discovery Suite
– New Dataset: Clinical Trials in the Discovery Suite
– Revisiting Honorific Awards: New Enhancements to Suggest Nomination Opportunities
Below are the topics from the summer 2019 webinar series:
– External Discovery Site for Systems – University of Missouri
– Identifying Peers for External Program and Department Reviews
– Build teams and find Reviewers for Limited Submission Grants
– Push Notifications for Faculty Insight – Michigan State University
– Explore Collaborations Using Longitudinal Data
– From Feedback to Implemented Enhancement
Below are the topics from the winter 2019 webinar series.
– Exploring Research Activity Over Time
– Understanding Academic Unit Composition
– Incorporating the School and College Structure in Analytics
– Rising Stars: Identifying and Mentoring Junior Faculty Members
Below are the topics from the fall 2018 webinar series.
– Awards Strategy: recommended honors & nominators
– Building an external platform to showcase scholarship
– Finding subject matter experts locally and nationally
– Finding funding based on teams using Research Insight to identify teams & funding for teams