Universities are uniquely positioned and qualified to respond to a worldwide crisis. The panel will discuss these vital topics:
– How is the pandemic continuing to affect universities, faculty, and the research enterprise?
– How can we best avoid the short-termism that threatens to corrupt our planning and strategic priorities?
– How can universities sustain and deepen key partnerships during these times, such as with national labs?
– How can we best position our campuses to capitalize on the opportunities for interdisciplinary scholarship this moment presents?
– What proactive approaches are academic leaders taking now?