Academic Analytics, LLC (“Academic Analytics”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is a provider of high-quality, custom business intelligence data and solutions for research universities in the United States and Europe. As part of our work for our clients, we may obtain information that is personal and identifiable to individuals.
A. GENERAL POLICY
Personal Information We Collect
The information we collect as part of our work may include personally identifiable information, such as (among other things) names, positions or job titles, levels of education and professional affiliations – including the schools and departments where individuals work or received degrees, papers published by individuals and the academic groups or professional bodies to which an individual belongs (collectively, “Personal Information”). Generally, we collect information in the following ways:
- Personal Information is usually provided to us directly by our clients (and rarely from the individuals to whom the Personal Information relates).
- We obtain publicly available information as part of our work – such as information posted on publicly available web sites or in academic journals.
- Licensed third-parties with whom Academic Analytics has a contractual arrangement may provide us with information (including Personal Information).
- We may collect information regarding a person’s visit to our websites such as the visitor’s IP address, type of browser and the date/time of visit – this information would generally not be directly identifiable to an individual.
- In some instances, individuals (who are representatives of our clients) may access non-publicly available parts of our website and input personally identifiable information about themselves, but such information is solely provided to us in their capacity as representatives of our clients. We do not collect such information for the purposes of selling goods or services to individual consumers.
Purposes for Which We Use Your Personal Information
Academic Analytics uses the Personal Information we collect for a number of purposes. Personal Information collected may be used to determine scholarly research accomplishments in areas such as publications, funding and honorific awards. This allows us to provide universities and university systems with objective data that administrators can use in a number of ways, including to support their strategic decision-making processes, benchmarking in comparison to other institutions, etc.
We also use information we collect as part of visits to our websites (such as IP addresses) to detect fraud or abuses of our website.
In cases where we receive Personal Information directly from our clients (and not from the individuals to whom the Personal Information relates), we will cooperate with our clients’ reasonable requests to assist them in providing notice to the impacted individuals regarding how we use Personal Information.
Third Parties with Whom We May Share Your Personal Information
Academic Analytics may, in accordance with this Policy, share your Personal Information with the following types of third parties:
- Service providers
- Subscribers to our services and web portal
We may share your Personal Information with such third parties for the following purposes:
- in order for such third parties to provide products or services to Academic Analytics; and
- to provide our services to our customers and subscribers.
- sending marketing communications
- to host our website and application
- provide email service on our behalf
In the event we are acquired by, or merge or consolidate into, another entity, or if there is a sale of our assets, Personal Information may be transferred to the entity acquiring Academic Analytics or our assets or that survives the merger or consolidation.
Academic Analytics shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any third party receiving Personal Information from Academic Analytics is subject to contractual obligations to comply with the requirements of this Policy (and, with respect to Personal Information provided to us directly by our clients, any reasonable instructions of our clients).
B. ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
In addition to any other provisions of this Policy applicable to Personal Information, the following provisions apply to California residents and Academic Analytics’ collection and use of their Personal Information.
Access to Your Personal Information
Except as otherwise set forth below, upon written request, Academic Analytics shall allow individuals to review and request changes to Personal Information collected by Academic Analytics. The individual will need to provide sufficient identifying information to Academic Analytics at the address provided below in the section entitled “CONTACT US”. In some circumstances, we may charge a reasonable fee, where warranted, for access to such Personal Information.
California Do Not Track Disclosures
At this time, Academic Analytics does not respond to browser ‘Do Not Track’ signals, as we await the work of interested stakeholders and others to develop standards for how such signals should be interpreted.
C. LEGALLY REQUIRED DISCLOSURES
Be aware that we may be required to disclose Personal Information pursuant to subpoenas, warrants, court or government agency orders, legal process, lawful requests by public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements) or otherwise as required by law.
D. CONTACT US
Questions, comments or complaints regarding this Policy or our data collection and processing practices can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the following address:
Academic Analytics, LLC
Data Privacy Matters
15720 Brixham Hill Ave #300
Charlotte, NC 28277
Academic Analytics encourages interested persons to raise any concerns using the contact information provided and we will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of Personal Information.
E. EFFECTIVE DATE OF POLICY AND UPDATING THIS POLICY
Academic Analytics reviews this Policy from time to time and may make changes this Policy in connection with such review. We will post any changes to this Policy on these web pages following such change. You should check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with any changes. You agree that any posted changes to this Policy will be binding on you.