Faculty Retention & Acquisition
With Academic Analytics tools, administrative leaders can look at their faculty strategically and spot "stars" who are essential to retain as well as faculty members and units that need support. The data can assist in making decisions on how best to allocate limited resources.
- Avoid flight risks
- Recognize rising stars
- Discover honorific award recommendations
"We created an internal steering committee… to take a look at how we can use Academic Analytics data to improve faculty success at University of South Florida. Our emphasis is helping faculty be more successful."
Program Review/ Benchmarking
Academic Analytics data and tools contribute to a comprehensive understanding of the strengths, vulnerabilities, and opportunities present in an academic unit. Academic leaders often have a good understanding of their own research enterprise, but lack data on how their scholars compare to peers in their disciplines nationally. View program metrics alongside custom peer norms to identify strengths and inform on areas for development.
- Examine in-depth internal and peer analyses for each academic unit on campus
- View person-level nationally comparable metrics and aggregate into centers, departments, and programs
- Customize peer group and time window filters to ensure comparisons show relevant data
"When we look to Academic Analytics, it's to give us data we can't easily gather on our own."
Identifying available honorific awards for your institution is critical to help scholars, departments, and the university receive the recognition they deserve. Academic Analytics allows easy identification of underrecognized scholars and provides recommendations for appropriate honorific awards.
- We monitor over 17,000 national & international awards
- We analyze the research areas and career stage data of previous winners
- We match award suggestions based on nine specific variables gleaned from previous winners
"Academic Analytics... gives me the opportunity to find precursor awards… to ensure the faculty receive the recognition they deserve."
Campus leaders use Academic Analytics tools to create cross-disciplinary teams around a topic for limited submission grants, to visualize research hubs on campus and proactively retain their leaders, and to identify faculty who could benefit from collaboration.
- Understand who is at the center of collaborative research hubs and who might benefit from mentoring
- See how scholars collaborate within and outside the institution
- Find subject matter experts on a topic nationwide for collaboration
"As we began to explore using Academic Analytics data, we discovered we had remarkable strengths... in units that had not connected very much"
Identifying Funding Opportunities
Research offices use Academic Analytics tools to discover the sources of peer grant funding, to branch out from familiar funding sources to new opportunities, to suggest opportunities to faculty tailored to their expertise, and to find funding for cross-disciplinary teams around a collaborative topic.
- Customize a search of all open opportunities
- Explore a curated list of opportunities based on a scholar’s works
- Find US, international, government, and private funding opportunities
"Looking at our alumni data combined with Academic Analytics Benchmarking data, using bio-chemistry as an example, they obtained a larger share of their funding from NSF than compared with our AAU peers."
University administrative leaders are called upon to make wise investment decisions for their institutions. Over 120 universities leverage Academic Analytics data and tools to aid in objective institutional decision-making, such as:
- Faculty retention and hiring
- Strengthening academic programs
- Re-engaging alumni for donations and industry connections
"…going back with Academic Analytics…we looked at folks we funded…we already know we got an immediate leverage on out investments…"